Leroy Hill, Linebacker, Twice Accused of Domestic Violence

Dec 8 2015, 4:00pm

via Getty Images

Position: Linebacker
Height / Weight: 6'1" / 238 lbs
College: Clemson University
NFL draft: 2005 / Round: 3 / Pick: 98
Career history: Seattle Seahawks (2005–2012)

On April 10, 2010, police in Issaquah, WA, responded to a report of a disturbance at Leroy Hill's home and arrested him. He was charged with fourth-degree assault/domestic violence. According to an affidavit for a search warrant, Hill and his then-girlfriend were arguing. When the alleged victim tried to get away from Hill, he grabbed her by her ponytail and pulled her down the stairs. When she went back up the stairs, Hill grabbed and scratched her arm, and pushed her from the top of the stairs, causing her to land on her back.

After the alleged victim became uncooperative, Issaquah Police filed the affidavit for a search warrant, believing that cell phone records "will show evidence of witness tampering, witness intimidation, and violation of the existing [no-contact order]."

In August 2010, Hill entered into a stipulated order of continuance. According to the prosecutor, Hill received 18 months of probation, and it was determined that the charge against him would be dismissed if he completed the probation and a one-year domestic violence treatment program.

Although he was already on the injured reserve list, the NFL suspended Hill for one game without pay in October 2010 and fined him an additional game check for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

In January 2013, Hill was arrested in Issaquah, WA, and on suspicion of unlawful imprisonment–domestic violence and third-degree assault–domestic violence. According to a police report, a 26-year-old woman, who identified herself as Hill's girlfriend, told police that she was kept in Hill's home against her will and assaulted multiple times over the course of six hours. She alleged that Hill grabbed her wrists, picked her up and threw her across the room, stood on her chest, repeatedly hit her with a bottle from which he was drinking, and punched her 15 to 20 times. She said was able to escape and call the police when Hill used the bathroom.

In July 2013, prosecutors declined to pursue charges against Hill, and the league did not seek any disciplinary action against the player. Shortly after the incident, Hill's contract with the Seahawks ended, and he became an unsigned free agent. The NFL did not take any disciplinary action against him.

Hill did not return Broadly's request for comment.